Friday , 4 April 2025
Home International Sports Football Sterling’s next move amid Chelsea fallout
FootballInternational Sports

Sterling’s next move amid Chelsea fallout

Chelsea forward, Raheem Sterling.

Raheem Sterling has fallen out of favour from Chelsea’s oversized squad list, prompting mounting reports over what his next move will be.

The Daily Mail reports that Sterling will reject any chance to go to the Saudi Pro League, although his £325,000-per-week wage could provide an obstacle to other moves. Reports in Spain suggested on Thursday that Barcelona have already ruled out a move for Sterling, despite wanting to sign a forward.

However, that doesn’t mean there is a lack of interest in the former England international.

The Guardian have said Aston Villa have expressed an interest in Sterling, while the London Evening Standard reports that Crystal Palace are one of a number of Premier League clubs keen on his signature.

Sterling was left out of Chelsea’s squad for their Premier League opener against Man City last weekend and will be allowed to leave the club this month.

So far, Chelsea manager Enzo Maresca has been unforgiving in his assessment of the situation. “I am not working with 42 players, I am working with 21 players [in first-team training],” he said.

“It’s not a mess like it looks from outside. The other players can even have 20 years contract, it is not my point. I don’t care.”

Related Articles

O’Sullivan to make late decision on competing at World Championship

Seven-time champion Ronnie O’Sullivan is giving himself “as much time as possible”...

Barcelona’s Olmo cleared to play for rest of season

Dani Olmo and Pau Victor have been cleared to play for Barcelona...

Injured Arsenal defender Gabriel out for season

Arsenal defender Gabriel will miss the rest of the season as he...

Chelsea boost top-four hopes to pile pressure on Postecoglou

Enzo Fernandez found the net as Chelsea secured a crucial victory over...