Monday , 16 February 2026
Home International Sports Boulter and Raducanu headline historic Queen’s return
International SportsTennis

Boulter and Raducanu headline historic Queen’s return

British number one Katie Boulter and former US Open champion Emma Raducanu will compete in a historic women’s tournament at Queen’s Club in June.

Australian Open champion Madison Keys, four-time Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka and last year’s Eastbourne champion Daria Kasatkina have also committed to the event, which runs between 7-15 June.

It will be the first women’s competition at Queen’s Club since 1973 when Olga Morozova claimed the singles title.

“I used to watch the [men’s] tournament every year growing up so to be able to compete at such a wonderful, historic, and iconic event to commence the grass court season is an honour,” Boulter said.

“We have some of the best women’s players in the world competing at Queen’s, and it takes the British grass court swing to a whole new level.

“To win that title as a British player would be an absolute dream and I will do everything I can to get myself in that position. Let’s make more history this summer.”

Organisers announced that a women’s tournament would return to the historic venue in May 2024 following discussions with the ATP about the impact on the men’s event the week after.

Boulter has reigned as Britain’s number one ranked women’s player since June 2023 and has won three WTA titles, including taking the crown at her home tournament on grass in Nottingham in 2023 and 2024.

Raducanu, who won the US Open in 2021, made a strong return from long-term injury last year when reaching the semi-finals at Nottingham, quarter-finals at Eastbourne and making it through to the last 16 at Wimbledon.

“I’m thrilled to confirm Katie, Emma, Madison and Naomi will be headlining the HSBC Championships in June,” Laura Robson, WTA HSBC Championships tournament director said.

“Fans will see some of the best female players on the planet, and with three Grand Slam champions and the British number one in the mix, it promises to be a spectacular return to The Queen’s Club for women’s tennis.”

Related Articles

Curtain falls on 2nd GCC Sports Tournament for Female University and Higher Education Students

Doha: The curtain came down yesterday on the competitions of the Second...

Qatar International Rally gets underway at Lusail

LUSAIL: The 2026Qatar International Rallygot underway from the ceremonial start podium at...

FIFA Museum welcomes record 430,000 visitors worldwide in 2025

Zurich: More guests than ever before: The FIFA Museum celebrated a landmark...

Qatar to participate in 46th General Assembly of Olympic Council of Asia on Monday

Doha:  In a display of Qatar’s sporting leadership, the eyes of the...